To welcome in the new spring season and a growing sense of optimism for this year, (hopefully very different to the last), Jonathan Tuckey Design are launching our annual design commission! We are inviting individuals, organisations, clubs, schools, churches, mosques, to come forward with a building or site that needs special attention, or ideas that have been hard to realise without design input. We will award the chosen commission with a no fee detailed consultation and feasibility study.
In the past years exciting projects that have developed out of this commissions initiative. They have included;
- A Feasibility Study for a Community town-hall, cafe and performance space within a derelict theatre in South West Hampshire.
- A new studio building for an adult education and after school club for Wilberforce Primary School in Westminster.
- A new archive studio for the Southbank Centre, Royal Festival Hall, London.
- A community event space and cinema located in Scholenen gorge, Switzerland.
If your proposal is selected for this commission, a detailed consultation and a free feasibility study of the project by us will be awarded to you. The Feasibility Study will include:
- An in depth assessment of potential and possibilities of the building or site
- Site and internal plans, layouts, and elevations
- Presentation and design sketches
- An image of the proposal by CGI studio Forbes Massie
- A model to describe the proposal
- Outline costings for the proposal
The following criteria will be used to judge the winning entry;
- low carbon impact
- high social impact
- Ideas with combined architectural and environmental ambition
- Interesting areas of post-pandemic opportunity
To enter with a chance of winning please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, a brief description of the project (maximum 3 pages A4). Please include “Jonathan Tuckey Commissions” in the heading. The deadline for entries is the 31st of May 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!